Gemstone: Tumbling, Cutting, Drilling & Cabochon Making
by Jim Magnuson with Val Carver
Photography by Carol Wood
A Simple Guide to Finishing Rough Stones
Gemstones are naturally beautiful, but you can make them glisten and shine. This beginner's guide covers all the techniques you need to know tumbling, cutting, face polishing and more. By following the author's simple approach, you'll create finished stones worthy of displaying, selling or making into jewelry.
- pertains to a wide range of popular gemstones, from agates to turquoise.
- prevents frustration, with detailed photos and easy-to-follow instructions.
- offers helpful tips from the author's years of experience.
- provides information about recommended equipment and supplies.
- briefly introduces jewelry making, with seven simple jewelry projects.